Friday, February 21, 2014

The Good News is Come!


With this week's special twitter update I have the announcement to make that The Crimson Alkemist is finally using original artwork on the twitter account and will be ravamping the layout in weeks to come to put a "not-default" appearance onto the site. I started the blog to engage undergraduates in extracurricular information that would be hopefully interesting and fulfilling to them as they progressed in their careers in science- but I projected that their interaction would be minimal at best and decided not to tweak layouts too much. And as far as using my own pictures? Nope. I'll just link to where I pull the images.
When I decided that I wanted to continue this as a little side pet project I knew that it would be a bad idea to spend tons of time away from my research on it- after all, I'm trying to get a PhD on time here! So I kept the Google Images on both here and Twitter, even keeping the basic Blogspot layout. But then something changed. People have started noticing the blog and I'm actually going to conferences for science communication. Next week will be a flurry of tweets while I'm at the conference. I'll have to find a way to make that into a presentable format here.
So I decided to tap my family's talent and ask Kendra Meany to help me design a logo for The Crimson Alkemist. She does me better. Based on the original design idea I had submitted to her, she was able to create an incredible piece of art that is going to be used across the board for promoting my writing here. You can see it below. She also created a bit of heading text that you see above with that incredible O.


But with that, here's this week's Twitter Round-up!



No comments:

Post a Comment