I love how cautious medical advice comes AFTER a long description on some sort of miracle breakthrough. Take for example this recent news bit about Viagra helping to reduce fat in mice. They include the required little disclaimer that this has only been tried on mice and not on humans...but the title still gives hope to people that a cure may be in sight.
"Caution against premature application
Despite promising data, researchers caution the public against the fallacy of thinking that popping some sildenafil will work to quickly lose the extra pounds accumulated over the holidays. "We are currently in the basic research stage, and all the studies have been exclusively performed on mice," stresses Prof. Pfeifer. It will be a long way until potentially suitable drugs for decreasing white fat cells in humans will be found."
Machine translated from the original source:
"Presumably, the drug also reduces the risk of complications of obesity."
This is an interesting step for medical science, and another interesting side-effect of this hypertension treatment drug.
The full story can be found here, and the original press release can be found over here. The correct browser settings can translate the page into English.
http://www3.uni-bonn.de/Pressemitteilungen/008-2013
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/01/130117105738.htm
I'll have to look at this idea behind the different color fat cells too, I don't have any experience with what they are. I guess they don't teach that in Biology classes yet!
+Joseph Meany
No comments:
Post a Comment